King Energy is a next generation energy company.
We install solar power at multi-tenant commercial properties, such as shopping centers, office buildings and medical plazas, and provide the power we generate to the businesses at the property.
Our goal is to turn open rooftops into sources of clean, renewable power, and to do this in a way that generates increased rent revenue for property owners and lowers energy costs for small, local businesses.
We have a welcoming culture that highly values intelligence and hard work.
King Energy is looking for a Software Engineer to help us build out our backend systems and infrastructure. You’ll have an opportunity to contribute to the core plumbing that powers King Energy’s product suite in addition to greenfield end-to-end feature development. You’ll be responsible for building complex systems like our energy usage data pipeline as well as our billing and payments systems.
This position is a part of the Technology organization and reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible to:
- Help define the future of and contribute directly to King Energy’s core product platform and infrastructure
- Create clean abstractions for performant services that will be used by King Energy’s feature teams
- Help build the next generation of King Energy’s billing platform
- Borrow from your experience to help us up-level our team’s technology and processes as we scale and iterate rapidly
- Be a steward of core security and design principles
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 3+ years experience building and maintaining production software in a back end focused or generalist role
- Someone who can own and drive technical decisions with a grounding in solving problems for our customers and business
- Ability to flex into front end development when necessary for the needs of the business
- Someone that thrives in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment
- A willingness to learn on the job and take on tasks as needed
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and communicate over the phone and with video chat software, such as Zoom
- Bonus if you have FinTech, Start Up and/or Solar domain experience, familiarity with billing and payments systems, or direct experience with Node, TypeScript, ReactJS and/or Amazon Web Infrastructure
- Base salary range for this position is $125,000 - $165,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position in addition to location
- Stock options with significant upside potential
- Participation in company's benefits program: medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k